Maybe it’s the holiday spirit in me, maybe it’s the beer (both perhaps?), but here are five random things I’m grateful for, in no particular order:
* Seinfeld reruns – Elaine won’t take her Orioles cap off at a Yankees game, Kramer gets whacked in the head, and his portrait hangs on a wall. As always, on the surface, it’s about nothing, and yet’s it’s totally about all the little elements that we get tied up with. Awesome.
* James’ and his Kung Fu – James if five years old and has a personality that is truly transcendent. He has a great smile, a joyful personality, and packs a great fake Kung Fu punch. Awesome.
* The smell of garlic – I have to admit that garlic does a number on my stomach, so I can’t eat it much, but the smell of garlic is wonderful.
* My dog Simon – the longer we have Simon, the more fun he is. He’s a favorite wherever he goes. Fun, friendly and just good natured. Sure, he gets a little bonkers now and again, but who doesn’t? We can take him anywhere and he fits right in. Liz picked out a winner with him.
* Daredevil comics – one of my favorite hobbies is to sit back and read comics. Lately, I’ve been on a Daredevil kick. This hasn’t been my all time favorite run, but the storylines keep me coming back for more. Daredevil is dark like Batman but athletic like Spiderman. And for every jam he gets out of, he finds three more that are worse than before. I’d like to see him smile once in a while, but for dark superhero escapism, Daredevil will more than do.