Don’t know about you but it’s been a scorcher of a summer on my end. I’ve been full-stop for the past few months on multiple fronts, and to put an amazing cap on the past year, my bundles of joy Nate and Abby celebrate their first birthday next week. It’s been truly amazing to watch and experience. And if the next few … decades are anything like this last year, I cannot wait to see what’s next. Liz and I are truly blessed, and on top of everything else, those kids crack me up! They are freakin’ hilarious.
And with Abby just starting to walk and Nate starting to discover his inner Bart Simpson-like instinct for causing mayhem, here’s what else I’ve been up to:
* I’ve been having some fun these past weeks now that Finders Keepers is officially on the shelves of Barnes & Noble! It’s in five NYC locations and a bunch in Seattle, plus Anchorage, Alaska (and others around the country … including Rockville, MD). I’ve dropped by some of the NYC locations to sign them, so if you happen upon them there, you’ll get an autographed copy. For a full list of Barnes & Noble locations nationwide where you can find Finders Keepers, see below.
* July wrapped up my summer book signing schedule, where I made stops at the Long Island Toy Show and the East Hanover Comic Book Expo. Not my best shows sales-wise, as they were not quite the right venues for me, but I continued to get the word out and make some new friends. I’ll be taking a convention break, but will be back later in the year. And though I sat out the San Diego Comic-Con this year, I’m hoping to make my return in 2012. Stay tuned.
* Keeping the momentum moving forward, I will be unveiling my new Web site some time this month!
Because of the various projects I’m involved with and the multi-tiered marketing programs in the works, it was time to revamp the site and give you guys a snazzier, cleaner destination where I can upload new blog posts and photos, make all sorts of announcements and otherwise make myself available to those Hollywood folks who absolutely MUST have my book for themselves and get that movie in motion! Look for a launch notice any week now.
* Speaking of Hollywood, I’ve got a pretty intense marketing program in the works — with some pretty awesome participants — and now that I’ve consulted some filmmakers, the project itself has grown in scope. Hate to be secretive here, but until I’ve got all the elements locked down I’m going to play this one a little bit close. But trust me. It’s in motion. And it’s very cool.
* And lest you think I forgot to mention, my second novel Crossline is still speeding along. I’m in the final revisions now, and then I turn the manuscript over to a top-notch editor I know who gave me critical feedback on Finders Keepers that helped make it the success it is today. So I think I’ve got the right guy to also help me get Crossline to where it needs to be.
That’s all she wrote for this edition. I’ll be back around Labor Day for a final summer announcement, where I’ll be sharing the latest news on Finders Keepers and report back on Nate and Abby’s first birthday party, which should be awesomeness supreme.
All the Best!
Finders Keepers in Barnes & Noble:
#2988 – Fox Run Crossings, 45 Gosling Rd, Portsmouth, NH
#2791 – 235 Daniel Webster Hwy,Nashua,NH
#2966 – 98 Middlesex Pkwy,Burlington,MA
#2957 – 60 Pine St., Pacific Place, DowntownSeattle,WA
#2965 – 106 Court Street,Brooklyn,NY
#2784 – 200 East Northern Lights Blvd, Anchorage, AK
#2876 – 267 7th Avenue, Park Slope,Brooklyn,NY
#2942 – Hacienda Crossings, 4972 Dublin Blvd, Dublin, CA
#2575 – 1201 3rd St Promenade,Santa Monica,CA
#2281 – Kitsap Mall, 10315 Silverdale Way, Silverdale, WA
#2280 – Northgate Mall, 401 NE Northgate Way, Seattle, WA
#1979 – 82nd and Broadway, NY,NY
#2278 – 86th & Lexington, NY, NY
#2262 – Clackamass Town Center Mall,Portland, OR
#2536 – Arboretum, 10,000 Research Blvd., Austin Texas
#2703 – Spectrum Center,1851 Fountain Dr.,Reston,VA
#2573 – University Village,2675 NE University Village St.,Seattle, WA
#2675 – Union Square – NY, NY
#2234 – 555 Fifth Avenune, NY,NY
#2764 – 12089 Rockville Pike, Montrose Crossing, Rockville,MD
#2238 – Tysons Corner Mall,McLean,VA
#2275 – 131 Colonie Centre, Albany,NY