It’s that time again, with lots of news to share. So with Spring in the air, and Simon’s chew toys every, every, everywhere, I’ll jump right in:
* So what’s the latest on Finders Keepers? Oooh. So glad you asked. As you read this very newsletter I’ve got some KILLER new artwork underway from partner-in-crime and totally awesome comic book dude Rich Koslowski (www.richkoslowski.com), who is brewing up a Finders Keepers masterpiece. Once the artwork is complete … should be very soon … I’ll send word of the official unveiling. Gonna be sa-weet.
* Speaking of Rich Koslowski, his own new comic book project … BB Wolf and the Three LPs … is out this month, with Rich doing the artwork (which is amazing, by the way). BB Wolf is a retelling of the classic Three Little Pigs, with a new twist, putting our hero … Mr. Wolf … as a blues singer from the 1920s, who pretty much gets the shaft. Look for BB Wolf and the Three LPs on Rich’s Web site (www.richkoslowski.com) or at your local comic book shop.
* In other Finders Keepers news, a few weeks back I hung out at the 2010 Boston Comic-Con with partner-in-crime Rich Henn (www.timespell.com), talking up Finders Keepers, making contacts, buying comics, and taking pics. To read about the show, check out my blogs from early April, and look for pics in the Photos section of my web site.
* And for yet even more Finders Keepers news, most of you know I recently launched my new Web site (www.russcolchamiro.com), which I updated to be more streamlined and user-friendly. So if you haven’t already, check it out, click around, and let me know what you think. Also, a big shout out goes to Webmaster Ron Benchetrit, who was the technical brains (and brawn) behind the new site. Thanks Ron!
* As for my other big project, I just got my first batch of feedback on my second novel, Crossline, and it looks I’ve got to start the darn thing all over again. … Just kidding! The early word on Crossline is extremely positive, and now that I’ve got some helpful eyes on the page, I can start redrafting a few scenes, making tweaks where necessary, and get the manuscript in publisher shape as soon as possible. It’s gonna rock!
* And, last but certainly not least … for some big personal news … for those who don’t know yet … I’m gonna be a dad. Twice. Yep. Twins on the way. Due in August. Liz is in full preggers mode, with mommy and the babies all doing well. We are spending loads of time prepping our apartment, purging closets, registering for baby gear and pretty much planning to have our lives taken over!
And for those of you who are wondering … noooooooo, we don’t know the sex of the babies …. and noooooooo, we’re not going to find out until they show up. But for those of you who think it’s outrageous, egregious and downright batty that we won’t find out in advance, if it’s any consolation … the babies will either be two boys, two girls or one of each.
Simon doesn’t even know about the new arrivals yet, but I’m starting to think he suspects something’s up. Our little family is getting bigger … and fast!
So … as I prepare for impending fatherhood (and even less sleep than I get now), that’s all the news that’s fit to print for this edition. I suspect I’ll have even more (and very cool) news to report quite soon, so stay tuned for updates as the summer sun finds its way here.
To fatherhood … and beyond!
Find me on Facebook!
into New Jersey and adopted Simon.
bachelor party. The guys thought it would be just heeee-larious to get my this
devil-horned hat to wear as we went bar-hopping.
So I did.
Mayhem ensued. And now it’s Simon’s newest chew toy.
Okay … this has to rank up there as one of the more bizarre–and disgusting–baseball stories I’ve heard in a long, long time (as reported by the Associated Press):
into Boston’s Chinatown. There we met up with some of Rich’s
comic-bookgrading buddies from the CGC, and ordered us up
some grub! To get an idea of the table of food we had in front of
us, check out this feast:
of my eye sockets — and a few beers to wash it down — we headed
over to Jacob Worth, where they have 100 beers to choose from.
You can see the list yourself:
the fact is, I crashed. Hard. Not a half a beer down and I was pretty
much out of it. Try as I might, I just couldn’t force down another
gulp. So after about an hour, we headed back to the hotel. But not
before Henn himself found himself some action with a horse,
but I’ll have to keep those pics for another day.
Sunday. I was only there a few hours before heading home.